Thursday, November 26, 2009

Baho

Don't you just envy people who never cower to perform infront of a crowd, no matter how big the mob is?

There were gazillion of instances that i never ever enjoyed being in front of everybody. According to my friends who were in a band ,it's the adrenaline rush that makes performing in front of a crowd so addictive. But for me it's the adrenaline rush that made me almost poop in my pants when I was in the middle of a shool performance back in highschool. Oh yeah, I do remember the song, It was 'Like a Prayer' by Madonna, haha Madonna! It was not a solo performance, It was a group performance, group performance means all students in class. I never liked the feeling. I mean who would be? Come on, my gut that time was rumbling and was about to break loose, and I was thinking very hard what did I had for breakfast? As cold beads of sweat rolls down my forehead, sweaty hands and all, I was talking to my self, cussing madonna for making that dang song's intro like a mile long, and I was about to yell "Can someone please  hit the fast forward button and make it end?!" Buset! Highschool. Worst time of my butt life. Uneasy butt multiplied by 10. Yes Martin Pelaez! The reason I was going in and out of the toilet in fourth floor was because I had tummy aches. I had something for lunch or whatever that day. Hehe, sobrang sakit ng tyan ko gusto kong itulog sa toilet. There you go, I said it. haha.

In elementary days i was in grade 2 or 3, was it? I actually stutter, I disliked being called by my teacher and recite because I stutter I am not sure if my parents were aware of  my speech defect that time. It's the nervousness that makes my butt uneasy and my tongue tied. But after awhile, (or was it a long while?) I managed to stop my stuttering, I did not know how it happened, it just stopped. Then I was immersed with strong conviction and will power that i actually believed i can sing amazingly. What the &**@##$! Just going about it at present I think it's plainly stupid! On my sixth grade, you won't believe this, I participated in 'programs' they call it, it's a class program, brewed by teachers who were not in the mood to teach, sleepy probably, or too busy computing the grades of the whole class, to keep the teacher "entertained" she let's her students sing, dance, act... eat fire, fetch the stick, roll over hehe. It's like one of those talent shows on tv only micro version. Kids my age that time were sucker for those petty entertainment, they have their favorites, and I am not one of them, you can hear their 'ohhs' and 'ahhs' as i belt those high notes. NOT! haha. I thought so too that I am capable of singing but hell no. I think I was possessed or something. There was this entity that took over my body that made me participate in those 'programs'. Unimaginable! What was i thinking? ewww! yak! haha.  For some time, I managed to take control over my butt. That is what I thought. But an uneasy butt never ceases. I must accept it.



Funny. It's the Kool-aid commercial! I don't think I mentioned this to anyone before. Back in highschool I was very, very unsure of what to take up in college, in fact even when I was taking my chosen course AB Communication Arts with specialization in Advertising, I was still unsure if I want to  pursue a career out of it.
It's the Kool-aid commercial, Stephen Garcia's dad was one of those people who made that commercial. Cool! my classmate's dad makes advertisements! I may not be working in an ad agency right now, but still I am very glad, that i made a good decision of what i took up in college. It was a good decision, yeah I was unsure, but still it was a good decision. What so good about it is that it minimized the uneasy butt of mine big time. Ikaw ba naman bombahin ng everyday report sa harap ng class, interviews here and there, oral recitations every single day at impromtu speeches. Umiikot pa rin ang tumbong ko pero never had the feeling again na I was about to poop in my pants.

Booyah! Thank you Stephen Charles Garcia's dad. If it's not because of you, I may be stinking now. Hu! Baho!

2 comments:

  1. ampucha! special mention ako thru my dad!! hehehe. Pare, wasn't your dad in advertising too? Sa Saatchi din right? How'd you know my dad was handling the Kool Aide account? Nakalimutan ko na nga yun e hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bam. tagal ng reply ko no? haha. no my dad did not work in any ad agency. i knew your dad handled Kool Aide kasi naikwento mo. kaya nga nagkaroon ako ng idea na gusto ko rin ganun ang gawin ko, gumawa ng commercials. too bad hindi nangyari, pero salamat pa rin sa dad mo at sa iyo.

    ReplyDelete