Monday, October 19, 2009

Biyahe

These past few weeks I was busy with work. It was my first time setting up something. It was a module for a well known product. The pressure was way too big for me, konting tulog, maaga ang gising at laging tutok sa ginagawa, just to think it was just a small project how much more kung it was a big project, I would definitely die of pressure. You should see me freaking out when problems arises. Umiikot ang pwet ko sa nerbyos na baka hindi kami makapag deliver on time. Buset! But that two weeks was something. It was the longest two weeks I have encountered. I was running around Las Pinas area to get the prints done. Managing people. Delivering the prefab components of the modules, and assembling it on location. We had ten modules to deliver and most of the location were very far from the south of Metro Manila where I am from. Problems with the transport was one of the biggest hurdles we had. Transportation getting busted, tires suddenly won't turn because the brakes are locked. Clutch problems. Overheating. At ang pinaka matindi, sa loob ng anim na deliveries, we had tatlong huli. Traffic enforcers who hadn't have their lunch/dinner yet were always a big surprise. Yeah sure we anticipated it na meron talagang hulihan na mangyayari pero naman ang mga kaso sobra namang babaw, kulang na lang sabihin ng mga mamang trapiko na "pengeng pang jollibee! may violation ka!" Anyhow tapos na un. Kaya lagi akong may tig iisang daan para incase sa mga ganitong pangyayari, hindi buong limang daan or one thousand ang maibigay ko. Wala nang suklian un kung sakali.


In a day we can only deliver two modules, not a good count, huh? If only the outlets of the grocery chain can process the papers in a rush, but that is not the way it happened, try waiting for 2 to 3 hours for processing the papers and getting inside those grocery outlets. It ate a hefty slice of our time. Kaya dalawa lang sa isang araw. Hindi nakakapagod ang set-up itself ang nakakapagod ay yung paghihintay at yung biyahe.


Speaking of biyahe, I'm used to traveling. Enjoy pag maraming nakikita. When I was in college I would take a bus to get to school, I have a good two hours allowance because that time sobrang traffic sa SLEX. I was always awake pag bumibyahe ako from Alabang to Lawton and vice versa konti lang ang pagkakataon na tulog ako. Mas gusto kong may nakikita ako. Hanggang makagraduate ako at magkaroon ng trabaho sa Makati, bus pa rin ang sinasakyan ko, it became my favorite transport because I generate my ideas when I am in transit. As a designer, I need to see things, even small details, it always help to squeeze some creative juices out of my brain. Later I had different jobs some were as far as Crame in Quezon City, Manila, and Mandaluyong. I wouldn't mind yung gastos ng pasahe papunta sa trabaho, kasi enjoy ako e.


May pinag ugatan ang lahat kaya enjoy ako sa pagbiyahe. Bata pa lang ako, malimit kami na bumibiyahe, when my father was assigned in Bicol for work, we had the chance to go around Bicol region, konti lang ang memories ko sa Bicol pero ang lahat na tumatak sa isipan ko ay ang pag travel. We have been to Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Albay, Sorsogon. Pakonti konti lagi kong naaalala ay yung mga times na bibyahe pa kami sa Legazpi to scout for best buys, toys and clothes na wala sa Naga City or Iriga City kung saan malapit ang tinitirahan namin, there were a lot of shops owned by chinese businessmen in Legazpi and most of their goods were all imported from other countries,I remembered that's where I bought my first and last Spiderman action figure. After roaming around, my family would eat in a Chinese restaurant where hamburgers and ice creams were also served. hehe. In that restaurant was also my first encounter with the shiny black gelatinous looking thing called century egg. Didn't taste it though, come on a very very old egg, older than I am? who likes to have it anyway? oh, my dad did. And for some time I believed that it was really century old egg. When it's time to go home, I would look outside the car's window and see the cloud formations, the sunset, waterspouts forming from a distance, sun rays seeping through thick cumulus clouds, the Sierra Madre, the majestic Mayon volcano waving at us as we leave Legazpi. I would keep my eye peeled for the rest of the travel, my siblings were already asleep, me, I like watching people do their things, farmers farming, kids playing along the road, I also wondered why so many Bicolanos love to sit along highway roads, literally they were sitting on either of the shoulders of highway road, it was like their hangout, while fast cars and big buses and trucks coming, they would stand up just in time as the vehicles approaches and before they get injured. Then my eyelids would get heavy I would fall asleep too, para akong pinaghehele ng banayad na ugong ng aming sasakyan, walang traffic dun, dreaming of the next toy I would buy in Legazpi, maybe next time I'll have that Macross robot, or wait probably Optimus Prime would be a good buy, I thought I drooled over it the last time. hehehe. Then my mother would wake us up when we reach home.


Then I grew up, went to school, had my work, pakonti konti sumasagi sa isip ko ang mga memories ng pagtravel, ang pagpunta sa kung saan saan, masaya ang maglakbay, it feels nice pag nakakarating ako sa ibang lugar. Kahit dito lang sa Metro Manila, sangkatutak ang matutunghayan mong eksena, bawat liko ng kalsada maraming nangyayari. Laging maaksyon, well hindi naman lagi. Kasama nga ako sa mga un. Ako un nakapangalumbaba sa loob ng sasakyan worried kung makakahabol kami sa susunod na delivery.


Oye! we delivered on time. Piece of cake! Syet! (parang ayaw ko na maulit! hehe) Kikofied ito!

No comments:

Post a Comment